Fine Arts Council
"As our Holy Father said recently, 'Beauty is ... a clear expression of mankind's highest aspirations and manifestations of the glory of God.' Art is a reflection of the divine within the human being and that is why the church has always tried to respect, support and ... use the art effectively."
Bishop John McCarthy
The mission of the Religious Fine Arts Council is to act as a catalyst and lead a renaissance in visual religious fine art with a focus on the Judeo-Christian faith.
The Council is open to all who are interested in supporting its mission. For more information about our meeting times or about joining the Council contact Craig Kanewske.
- Raise awareness and appreciation of fine religious art.
- Encourage the use of religious fine art in our churches, schools and homes.
- Facilitate contact between professional artists, architects, contractors, church and school building committees.
- Host religious fine art exhibitions, portfolio shows, architectural displays and educational seminars.
- Enhance religious fine art educational opportunities through scholarships and internet links to related Web sites.
To RSVP for the Spring 2017 Art Exhibit reception click here.
Religious Art Gallery
The Diocesan Fine Arts Council is excited to announce that the Diocese of Austin has created a new gallery space in its new Pastoral Center at 6225 E. Hwy 290 and the phone number at the Pastoral Center is 512-949-2400. The exhibit is free and open to the public during normal business hours. This gallery will feature sacred art of regional artists found in the DFAC artists directory on this website. Click here for directions.
Ann and Mary by artist Marika Bordes