Associate Director of Middle School and Young Adult Ministry
The Pastor is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the Parish (St. Helen Catholic Church - Georgetown, Texas) which the Bishop has entrusted to him. He makes Christ's mission present and enduring in the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them his mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed at St. Helen Catholic Church - Georgetown, Texas help to extend the ministry of the Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Pastor in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
The Associate Director of Middle School and Young Adult Ministry is responsible for the formation and assimilation of students to the parish life. The position reports to the Director of Evangelization and Faith Formation and operates under some supervision with latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
• Prepare and coordinate sacramental process for middle school students (baptism, confirmation, and communion).
• Research, develop, and implement a comprehensive curriculum for middle school students to grow in the Catholic faith and in community (i.e. off site and overnight retreats).
• Coordinate Young Adult events that inspire and motivate young adults to participate in the life of the parish.
• Recruit, train, and manage volunteers in Middle School and Young Adult Ministry.
• Communicate to parish, parents, Middle School students, young adults, and volunteers through verbal, electronic, and written communication.
• Ensure Diocesan policy is followed and executed in all areas of Middle School and Young Adult Ministry especially as applies to EIM and CTPY.
• Collect and process forms and fees regarding Middle School students sacramental process.
• Process and manage all income and expenses incurred by middle school students and young adult and related offsite events according to the yearly budget.
• Start every workday with 30 minutes in the Eucharistic Adoration chapel.
• Maintain a work schedule and full time attendance according to established Parish business hours.
• Knowledge of Roman Catholic teachings, parish and diocesan structure.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural parish serving various cultures and a wide range of age groups.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, and laity.
• Ability to build authentic relationships with middle school students and young adults rooted in Christ.
• Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to carry out multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and implement creative solutions.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
• Ability to proficiently communicate in English and Spanish (writing, reading and conversing).
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor Degree in Theology, Religious Education, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field of study from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• Two (2) years of experience in a parish is required.
• Bilingual English-Spanish (proficient in writing, reading and conversing).
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
• Valid Texas driver's license.
• Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.
TO APPLY PLEASE USE THIS LINK: https://goo.gl/Yt3jQB