Bilingual Coordinator of Adult Ministry
The Pastor is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the Parish (St. Helen Catholic Church - Georgetown, Texas) which the Bishop has entrusted to him. He makes Christ’s mission present and enduring in the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them his mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed at St. Helen Catholic Church - Georgetown, Texas help to extend the ministry of the Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Pastor in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
The Coordinator of Adult Ministry is responsible for assisting in teaching classes, ministry training and working directly with ministries and apostolates, with emphasis on the Spanish speaking community. The position reports to the Director of Evangelization and Faith Formation and operates under some supervision with latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
• Assist the Director in mentoring, coaching, and forming leaders for St. Helen’s ministries and apostolates, with emphasis on the Spanish speaking groups.
• Teach classes to adults, in Spanish and English, to grow in the Catholic faith and the community.
• Assist in the preparation and coordination of sacramental process for adults.
• Collect and process forms regarding sacramental process. e
• Start every workday with 30 minutes in the Eucharistic Adoration chapel.
• Maintain a work schedule and full time attendance according to established Parish business hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Roman Catholic teachings, parish and diocesan structure.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural parish serving various cultures and a wide range of age groups.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, and laity.
• Ability to build authentic relationships with adults rooted in Christ.
• Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to carry out multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and implement creative solutions.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
• Ability to proficiently communicate in English and Spanish (writing, reading and conversing).
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• Bilingual English-Spanish (proficient in writing, reading and conversing).
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.
To apply: https://goo.gl/2pIJG8