Bilingual Office Receptionist
Bilingual Receptionist for the parish office. We are looking for a receptionist who is a hospitality specialist and who naturally lives the charism of joy. Simply put, we want every visitor to feel welcomed, valued, and attracted to the Gospel and to our church through the joy they have experienced. We are looking for someone who is in love with Christ and their Catholic faith and would express their love through a spirit of service.
As a receptionist you will do so much MORE than just sit at a desk, type, and answer phones. Applicants must be able to multi-task, pay attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, and communicate well.
Applicants MUST be RELIABLE, DEPENDABLE and RESPONSIBLE! Must have reliable transportation and be committed to being at work from 10:00am to 7:00pm Monday-Friday.
The essential job duties include:
• Create an atmosphere of hospitality in the office and maintain reception area
• Greet parishioners and visitors and professionally assist them
• Answer phone inquiries
• Register families for Baptism classes
• Schedule Mass intentions
• Manage facilities calendar
• Sort mail and notify various departments of deliveries
• Maintain a supply of church publications for distribution to the public, including the parish bulletin, diocesan newspaper
• Provide general clerical and administrative support to other departments as necessary
• Administrative assistance to the pastor
• Other related tasks as assigned
We’re looking for a “people person” with an attractive and joyful personality. He/she should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher, basic database, and social media; the ability to maintain confidentiality; and demonstrate multi-tasking and organizational skills. Must be able to read and write both in Spanish and English.
Proficiency in English and Spanish are REQUIRED. Four to three (4-3) years of full time wage earning related work experience is required. Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing. Must be professional in appearance and attitude. Must have good written and verbal communications skills. A high School diploma or GED is required for this position.
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax number 512-480-9604.