About St. Michael’s Catholic Academy:
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy in Austin, TX, is a Christ-centered, college preparatory learning community, inspiring lives of service, courage, personal integrity, and intellectual curiosity. We are distinguished by our Catholic tradition, a welcoming and diverse community, excellent academic programs and a variety of extracurricular activities.
Summary of Position:
St. Michael's Catholic Academy seeks a part-time Dance teacher beginning August 2017. We are searching for a dynamic, innovative educator to teach at many high school levels. Responsibilities include teaching several sections of Dance courses, participating in on-going community service projects and retreats with students and fellow teachers, and opportunity to design and implement elective courses. The Dance teacher will also be the faculty sponsor for the Crusaderettes Dance Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited for the teacher to:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards students, staff and faculty.
- Be passionate about pedagogy and collaborative work.
- Dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school.
- Possess wide-ranging academic preparation.
- Be fully committed to the development of a well-rounded student.
- Willing to work closely with colleagues on departmental objectives.
- Expected to contribute to our Winter Term, a 3 week term during which diverse opportunities are offered for classes, academic travel and internships.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills with all constituents and a commitment to both the developmental needs of adolescents and to education.
- Have a commitment to diversity in all aspects of school life and reflect an appreciation of lifelong learning.
Required Experience, Degree and Skills:
All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and prior experience
Send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org