Director of Adult Catechesis, Formation, and Spirituality
St. Louis King of France Catholic Church in Austin, Texas, is seeking a Director of Adult Catechesis, Formation, and Spirituality. A very active parish of 4000+ families in the heart of north Austin, St. Louis is a parish where liturgy, apostolic service, and faithful catechesis draw together both English and Spanish speakers for the important work of the new evangelization. The Director of Adult Catechesis, Formation, and Spirituality plays an integral role in our overall vision of over seventy-five ministries. Collaborating with the Pastor and the Lifelong Christian Formation team, the Director visions a program that includes RCIA, Adult Confirmation, Marriage Preparation, Infant Baptism Preparation, and many prayer and spirituality programs in the parish.
We seek someone who has the ability to create a comprehensive program that offers formation within our community here at St. Louis, but also, from a wider field with guest speakers and programs from outside the parish that cultivate the evangelization needed to form people in the contemporary reality of a modern city like Austin.
Work Environment: The Director of Catechesis, Formation, and Spirituality will be provided with a private office and computer. Ability for self-transportation is necessary for various off-site events and meetings.
Compensation and Benefits: St. Louis King of France parish is committed to compensating its employees competitively. Full-time employees are eligible for health benefits as well as retirement investment benefits as outlined in the Employee Policies Handbook.
• A Practicing Catholic who is faithful to all that the Catholic Church holds to be true
• Masters Degree in Theology or related field, or Bachelors Degree + three years’ experience in the field
• A deep desire and faculty in leading through consensus, conflict resolution, group dynamics, and group facilitation
• Knowledge of technology and social media as an essential tool for evangelization
• Team building skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Professional writing and speaking skills
• Faculty in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new technology applications
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings
• Desire for ongoing professional development through seminars, retreats, and workshops
• Willingness to participate in the Diocese of Austin’s Ethics and Integrity in Ministry Program
• Bilingual English/Spanish ability is highly valued
Please send cover letter and curriculum vitae/resume to:
Rev. James Misko, Pastor
St. Louis King of France Catholic Church
7601 Burnet Road
Austin, Texas 78757
Or e-mail: email@example.com