Director of Children Ministries
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing parish level opportunities and events for children and their families. The Director of Children’s Ministry will formulate and direct a comprehensive faith formation process that includes formation and sacramental tracks for Infants through 5th grade (i.e. Infant Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Communion, Confirmation). The position reports to the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis and operates under general supervision with wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
• Plan, organize, and implement parish level opportunities for children and their families to worship, learn, socialize, and serve in the Catholic faith.
• Formulate and direct a comprehensive faith formation process which includes age specific evangelization, discipleship and catechesis as well as initiation sacraments.
• Coordinate and execute a process of Infant baptism that includes parent preparation and God parent formation.
• Recruit, form, train, and coordinate volunteers within Children’s ministry.
• Maintain a flexible schedule of at least 40 hours per week to include evenings, weekends, and special occasions.
• Provide for the pastoral care of children, families, and children’s ministry volunteers.
• Collaborate with the Faith Formation team to ensure a clear process of faith formation from “cradle to grave.”
• Knowledge of children’s ministry and initiation sacraments.
• Knowledge of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church as passed down through tradition, sacred scripture, and the documents of the church, including but not limited to the New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE), the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and the Code of Canon Law.
• Skill in verbal and non-verbal communication.
• Ability to work closely with the Director of Evangelization and Catechesis to ensure a consistent process of faith formation for children and their parents.
• Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to work effectively with others (staff, clergy, religious, and laity).
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques.
• Ability to maintain respect at all times.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Georgetown Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.
• Must maintain catechetical certification relevant to children’s ministry as required by the Diocese of Austin.
• Must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
• Must express the interest and capacity to grow in knowledge of parish ministry.
Please submit via email your resume and a 30 second video of yourself explaining why you would want to minister at St. Helen.
St. Helen is a thriving and dynamic parish whose mission is to be a parish of the New Evangelization that forms joyful disciples who know, love, and serve Jesus Christ, and live in faith through the church he founded. We are looking for someone who has embraced that mission in their own life and is passionate about bringing it to fruition in the lives of children and their families.