1. Responsible for the day-to-day physical operations of the Church and School facilities including: setting up of tables and chairs, creating a pleasing atmosphere for visitors, parishioners, and staff.
2. Support the Pastors, staff, school administrators, school teachers, and membership of Saint Theresa by responding to their needs in a professional manner. Must have ability to take direction from multiple sources and work alone at times without supervision.
3. Must maintain professional appearance and attitude while on campus and among all staff as well as provide a welcoming and courteous environment.
4. Support the Ministry Teams by completing work orders and support all aspects of events and campus cleanliness.
5. Must have a servant leadership work ethic (Serving the needs of others) and teamwork attitude with willingness to fill in wherever needed.
6. All other duties as assigned.
The church provides PTO, health insurance for employee paid by the church, 403(b) retirement plan, and a life insurance policy.
Under general supervision: unlock or open buildings and classroom doors, perform specialized custodial care of buildings and grounds, perform classroom and meeting space set-ups of tables, chairs and peripherals. Lock or close buildings at night. Perform routine maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, cleaning grilles, some painting and drywall repairs, carpet cleaning.
Moderate. Tasks involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying, or using a force equal to lifting up to sixty (60) pounds and climbing a ladder.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and work in inclement weather.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience to be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of equipment, methods, and materials used in routine drywall, painting, carpentry, basic plumbing, and moderate levels of construction.
Knowledge of the equipment, methods, and materials used in ground maintenance.
Knowledge of basic electricity and plumbing.
Knowledge of basic HVAC system operations.
Knowledge of proper safety practices and procedures.
Skill in reading and writing English necessary to perform assigned tasks and communicate with team effectively
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing under pressure within time constraints.
Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations and recognize when to escalate notification of emergency situations to supervisor or staff member.
Ability to lift and carry equipment or materials applicable to the work being performed.
Ability to operate power tools and mechanical equipment safely.
Ability to operate and maintain assigned equipment.
Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with other employees and the public.
Ability to work with interruptions and changes in priorities.
Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
Ability to learn and communicate Parish functions and timetables.
Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.