Full-Time Music Teacher
St. Gabriel’s Catholic School, an independent Catholic Day School for students in Early Childhood through 8th grade, is seeking a high-energy candidate for the full time Music teacher. The Music teacher will be responsible for teaching new and traditional songs to students, world music, American music, and music theory, integrating music into school-wide events and ceremonies, and collaborating with instructional staff to support, manage, optimize the use of music in the classroom. This skilled professional works independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
He or she will oversee the middle school choirs, teach third grade through middle school music classes, and serve as the musical director for the third through middle school theatrical productions. The ideal candidate will have exceptional skills as a pianist and vocal coach, possess comfort and/or fluency of the Catholic Mass, strong knowledge of choral music, successful experience in working on theatrical productions, teaching/working with young people, managing multiple priorities, and working well both independently and collaboratively.
The music educator will be part of the school's fine arts faculty and will be responsible for helping to envision and implement the arts program and support the integration of the arts into our curriculum.
• Develop and implement a music curriculum for students in third through eighth grades.
• In collaboration with classroom teachers, plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program that guides and encourages students and teachers to use music as an educational tool relevant to their grade-level curriculum.
• Participate in the planning of school-wide events and celebrations.
• Provide musical accompaniment to programs and assemblies in school and in the community.
• Develop and expand the school's choir program and expand our participation in community-wide events, concerts, and performances.
• Direct the middle school play.
• Participate in school and parent meetings, as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires an individual with a strong background in music (Jewish and World), proficiency with an instrument (guitar and/or piano preferred); excellent communication and organizational skills; a proven ability to promote a positive and collaborative working environment; demonstrated ability to engage students across grade; experience using current and emerging technologies to support learning. A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in an educational setting is preferred.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com