Head Football Coach
• Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
• Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church
• Willing and able to invest into the development all student-athletes involved with the program
• Foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to perform at the highest level, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
• With Director, hiring, placement, and evaluation of all assistant coaches
• Instruction and training of assistant coaches with regard to program culture, program goals, try-out procedures, identity, styles, and systems of play
• Direct the training, conditioning, and performance of the program and lead and supervise the assistant coaches in their efforts with teams assigned to them.
• In accordance with the schedule, be present for all try-outs, practices, and games
• Recommend to the athletic operations manager the type and amount of equipment and supplies needed to conduct the program.
• Become knowledgeable with all AIPL rules and regulations
• Engage with the parents of the members in a positive and constructive manner.
• Communicate with parents on a regular basis to form unity and cohesion.
• Communicate with Director regarding scores and stand out players of every competition
• Communicate with Director if a player does not return to play after an injury
• At the end of events, remain present until every student from your team has been accounted for
• Attend the end of season party and present awards and recognitions
• Emphasize the importance of academic excellence and assist in maintaining high academic standards for members of the program
• Promote the program within the school and community
Must love teaching and coaching middle school students
• Possesses the verbal and written communication skills expected of an educated individual
• Hired and evaluated by Director of Student Activities
Five years of prior coaching experience
Head coaching experience preferred
Send resume and cover letter to the Director of Student Activities, Riley Litherland at email@example.com