Middle School Math/Science Teacher
Teacher for middle school 8th grade science and 6th, 7th and 8th grade math, including Algebra level course. Full time position with salary and benefits.
Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
• Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Support and adhere to the Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures of the school.
• Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to the school policies.
• Provide appropriate material and resources for students to engage in learning.
• Use effective instructional methods and models according to professional standard practice.
• Use varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
• Maintain current and accurate records according to school policies.
• Practice positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom.
• Communicate with parents regarding academic, behavioral, and safety concerns.
Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church. Should possess or be willing to work toward Level 1 Cathecist certification.
Mastery of subjects taught, instructional methods and strategies, and curriculum differentiation. Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior.
Skills should include handling multiple tasks simultaneously, pacing and differentiating instruction, motivating and engaging students and organizing and relating information in an understandable format.
Must be able to use job-appropriate technology and collaborate with peers.
Demonstrate professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits. Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
Ability to manage student behavior in classroom setting.
Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form, including parent conferences and communications.
Foster gains in student performance that are in keeping with school goals, including responding to individual learning needs.
Bachelor's degree in mathematics or science, or bachelor's degree education with focus on math/science. Alternative certifications accepted.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org