Middle School Theology Teacher
St. Gabriel’s Catholic School, an independent Catholic Day School for students in Early Childhood through 8th grade, is seeking an energetic and creative theology/religion teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. The religion program encompasses 5th- 8th grades, and prepares students for Confirmation, as well as intellectually, morally and spiritually through Catholic teaching and by fostering gospel values within a religiously diverse school community. SGCS is a 1:1 laptop school, thus teachers are expected to demonstrate meaningful skill with technology in order to create authentic learning experiences for their students. Faculty members act as advisors in the Middle School, in addition to fulfilling various other school duties.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards students, staff, and faculty.
- Be passionate about pedagogy and collaborative work
- Dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school.
- Dedicated to and involved in aspects of campus ministry and retreats.
- Be fully committed to the development of a well-rounded student.
- Willing to work closely with colleagues on departmental objectives.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and a commitment to both the developmental needs of adolescents and to education.
-Have a commitment to diversity in all aspects of school life and reflect an appreciation for lifelong learning.
-Bachelor’s degree with a major in Theology preferred from an accredited Catholic University and three years of prior teaching experience
Have knowledge of Catholic teaching
-Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com