The Ministry Assistant of the Faith Formation Office is responsible for assisting with the administrative organization of the ministry of Faith Formation. The position reports to the Coordinator of Faith Formation Office and operates under close supervision with some little latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
• Assist in the administrative organization of the ministry of Faith Formation
• Plan and manage special events, communicate with vendors and other providers, review vendors contracts for accuracy.
• Assist in the recruitment, oversight, and service of volunteers for Faith Formation
• Assist with liturgical celebrations, trainings and social events; processing reports and documents (electronic and hard copy), tracking deadlines, responding to electronic and phone inquiries.
• Create, maintain, and update records, documents, files, databases, and logs.
• Assist ministries and the Faith Formation Office with attendance records, acquiring substitute Catechists, and providing materials for classroom projects.
• Starts every workday with 30 minutes in the Eucharistic Adoration chapel.
• Knowledge of Roman Catholic teachings, parish and diocesan structure.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural parish serving various cultures and a wide range of age groups.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, and laity.
• Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to carry out multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and implement creative solutions.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
• Ability to proficiently communicate in English and Spanish (writing, reading and conversing).
Education and Trainings:
• High School Diploma or GED acceptable to Texas Education Agency.
• One (1) year of full time wage earning related work experience is required.
• Bilingual English-Spanish (proficient in writing, reading and conversing).
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.