Parish Secretary / Receptionist
Full time Secretary/Receptionist for the Parish Office
1. Represents the parish to telephone callers, and visitors. Receives and routes incoming telephone calls.
2. Provides general parish information, receives visitors, and directs to appropriate person, or location.
3. Follow up with the emails sent to the church office.
4. Prepare Sunday bulletin weekly.
5. Stuff bulletin when there is an insert.
6. Prepare Prayer of the Faithful and Pulpit Announcements for weekend Masses, and other special Masses under the direction of the Pastor and Business Administrator.
7. Transfer all weekend Mass materials to the church by Friday morning.
8. Prepare weekly baptism paper work/certificates.
9. Prepare correspondence for the Pastor.
10. Maintain the parishioner records and mailing list up to date.
11. Send Confirmation & Wedding notification to church of baptism.
12. Prepare Baptism, Confirmation & Wedding certificates.
13. Put devotional booklets and other informational articles in the back of the church.
14. Prepare all bulk mailings.
15. Keep registration forms updated and send out registration forms for new
16. Run errands when needed, i.e., office supply, post office…
17. Maintain Inventory of fixed assets and equipment.
18. Keep informed of and comply with diocesan and local policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
19. Participate in staff retreat and continuing education.
20. Assist other staff in areas that may need additional help.
21. Perform other tasks as will be assigned by the Pastor. Arrange for work to be done when away for vacation or leave of any kind. Inform Pastor at least two weeks prior to taking vacation or personal leave.
22. All other “little” things that come up during each day!
23. Assist parishioners in any way possible.
* Excellent communication ability required to interact in person or by telephone with a broad range of individuals.
* Ability to work with minimum of direct supervision.
* Practicing catholic with good knowledge of the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church.
* An ability to work collaboratively with all parish staff members and volunteers.
* Understands the importance of confidentiality of church records and conversations.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities in a flexible, efficient, and service oriented manner; work with diverse personalities and individuals respectfully inside and outside the church.
* Should have willingness to seek new information, training, and resources as needed.
* Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
* Sensitive to the needs of the parish community.
1. Have strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Publisher).
2. Have minimum of a high school diploma.
3. Have excellent command of English Composition.
4. Ability to take initiative in fulfilling tasks in a professional manner.
5. Must have initiative, creativity, be sensitive to the needs of the people and able to make sound judgments.
6. Must work sitting for extended periods of time with frequent interruptions.
7. Some secretarial experience, preferred.
If you are interested in applying please submit your application by taking a print out from the website: www.saintanthonys.org or obtaining a copy from the parish office (401 S. Parker Ave., Bryan, TX 77803) and submit it immediately. Return to the Parish Office, email the Pastor (email@example.com), or mail the application to: St. Anthony Church, 401 S. Parker Ave., Bryan, TX 77803.