About St. Michael's Catholic Academy:
St. Michael’s Catholic Academy in Austin, TX, is a Christ-centered, college preparatory learning community, inspiring lives of service, courage, personal integrity, and intellectual curiosity. We are distinguished by our Catholic tradition, a welcoming and diverse community, excellent academic programs and a variety of extracurricular activities.
Summary of Position:
This position needs a dynamic, innovative physics educator to teach at many levels including on-level, Honors, and AP Physics classes. Responsibilities include teaching assigned sections of courses, leading an advisory, participating in on-going community service projects and retreats with students and fellow teachers, and the opportunity to design and implement elective courses. This position is an exempt, faculty position. The employee will work for 10 months of the year. The hired employee will report to their department chair.
Responsibilities include but are not limited for the teacher to:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards students, staff and faculty.
- Be passionate about pedagogy and collaborative work.
- Dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school.
- Possess wide-ranging academic preparation.
- Be fully committed to the development of a well-rounded student.
- Willing to work closely with colleagues on departmental objectives.
- Expected to contribute to our Winter Term, a 3 week term during which diverse opportunities are offered for classes, academic travel and internships.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and a commitment to both the developmental needs of adolescents and to education.
- Have a commitment to diversity in all aspects of school life and reflect an appreciation of lifelong learning.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Teaching experience preferred
- Positive attitude towards students, staff and faculty
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication (written and verbal)
- Exceptional organization, time management and prioritization skills
Send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org