Holy Family Catholic School is seeking an Elementary School Librarian for the 2017-2018 school year. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: Mrs. Kelly Laster at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Librarian fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by planning, guiding, and evaluating the effectiveness of the school library and media center. The Librarian provides the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to support the school’s instructional program. The Librarian has decision making responsibilities within essential job functions, in keeping with school policies. The position is hired and evaluated by the principal.
• Establishes library policies and procedures
• Selects and orders books, periodicals, vertical file material, picture collections, audiovisual hardware and software, appropriate computer programs, materials for professional collection with approval of the principal
• Maintains library records, statistics, and database
• Selects the materials for rebinding and repair
• Supervises shelf reading, takes inventory, and keeps the library in order
• Insures volume number and references are in compliance with accreditation standards
• Conferences with parents upon request and responds to messages in a timely manner
• Coordinates local book fair and other fundraising activities related to the library
• Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior
• Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Skill in motivating and engaging students in the learning process
• Skill in organizing and relating information in an understandable format
• Skill in job appropriate technology
• Skill in critical thinking and planning
• Master’s degree in Library Science or Bachelor’s degree with Learning Resources Endorsement
• Meets the minimum requirements for librarian as set forth by the Diocese and TCCED
• None required
Certifications and Training:
• Must submit an Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) Application for Ministry within the first week of employment, participate in an EIM Basic abuse prevention training workshop within 60 days of submitting a complete Application for Ministry, and maintain EIM compliance during the entire term of employment.
• Must complete Religion Certification Part 1 within two years of the date of hire, completing a minimum of 25 hours each year.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: Mrs. Kelly Laster at email@example.com