Youth Ministry Coordinator
St Catherine of Siena is an engaging community of over 4,500 families. We are recruiting for a full-time Youth Ministry Coordinator who will assist our religious education ministry by developing and implementing a ministry program for middle and high school youth in grades 6 thru 12 ("Youth Ministry"). The Coordinator of Youth Ministry must be able to implement the three following essential goals of Youth Ministry, as defined in Renewing the Vision. (National Conference of Catholic Bishops 1997) (the “Authorized Curriculum”):
• empowering young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today;
• drawing young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community; and
• fostering the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
• Organizing and implementing the Authorized Curriculum in accordance with Diocesan standards;
• Coordinating and conducting Youth Ministry programming for hundreds of Youth annually which programming must include:
o recruiting youth participants and assigning them to classes for age appropriate instruction and sacramental preparation as needed;
o providing Diocesan approved instruction and preparation for Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation and coordinating each Sacrament including preparatory rehearsals;
o providing resources (print, video, web) for effective programming;
o coordinating outreach to and evangelization of all the 6 to 12 grade youth of our Church Community;
o providing leadership training, development and opportunities for youth including peer ministry opportunities within the Youth Ministry;
o providing care and support for the spiritual and emotional needs of youth and ensuring their dignity and inclusion in the Church Community;
o raising youth awareness of social justice issues such as immigration and poverty issues, fair trade and other issues presented by Catholic Relief Services and Catholic Charities; and
o encouraging youth participation in Church Community and diocesan events including Summer Challenge, Vacation Bible School, Soccer Camp, the Diocesan Catholic Youth Conferences, Middle School Youth Rallies and other retreats, camps and events.
• Recruiting, screening, training assisting and encouraging religious education volunteers for the Youth Ministry, including
o Religious education instructors;
o Hospitality teams to make and serve meals, snacks and other refreshments; and
o Service volunteers for setup, teardown, cleanup and other tasks.
• Managing an annual budget and creating and maintaining all records, supplies and materials necessary and appropriate for the Youth Ministry.
This position requires an energetic and dynamic individual with a baccalaureate degree or equivalent education and experience with Youth Ministry or other relevant parish faith formation programing. The candidate must have exceptional leadership and communication skills and an ability to work harmoniously and cooperatively with other members of the Religious Education Team and the entire Church Community. Candidates must be proficient in computer programs such as the Microsoft Office platform and a willingness to learn new software. Candidates must be generally facile with traditional communication technologies such as Facebook and open to exploring innovative technologies.
Please forward resume to Marti Salas at email@example.com