Supporting your Parish Pro-Life Committee Financially
- If the parish has an annual budget, request a reasonable amount to cover cost of planned activities.
- Fundraising activities that do not conflict with parish activities also give parishioners the opportunity to support pro-life efforts.
- Parish organizations such as the Knights of Columbus are often willing to help contribute toward expenses.
Fundraising Activities - benefit one or all of the following organizations:
- Gabriel Projects and/or Pro-Life committees within parishes
- Gabriel Project Life Center in Austin or Bryan
- Annunciation Maternity Home, Georgetown
- Our Lady of the Angels Maternity Shelter, Temple
- Baby Bank Campaign - held during 1 month of the year, usually Respect Life Month, October
- Baby shower - Collect baby clothes, layette items, good baby furniture, baby formula, disposable diapers and more.
- Christmas Cards and Religious Ornaments in Advent
- Corporal Works of Mercy or Cross of Simon Campaign in Lent
- Gabriel’s Crib - in the parish narthex other visible place to collect items throughout the year
- Pennies from Heaven - baby bottles instead of baby bank boxes
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - can be done in someone's home or parish hall and blessed by pastor once a year
- Tree of Hope - or Giving Tree set in narthex the month before parish baby shower or annually