Pastoral Plan Survey
Select one of the buttons below to complete survey online:
We’ve created a document called “Online Survey Tools” (found in the “Resources” section below) that includes shortened links to use in social media posts as well as QR codes to use in your print materials.
Parishes may download copies of the survey below in our “Resources” section below. It’s available in English and Spanish.
Knowing that many people will not have access to the internet to complete the survey, we have compiled a list of alternative methods to collect the data:
1. Parishes may download copies of the survey at www.austindiocese.org/pastoralplan. Copies will be made available in English and Spanish. Copies may be placed in the narthex or in the parish office or placed in the bulletin. At a minimum, the survey link should be placed in the bulletin each week until the deadline.
2. Parishes may choose to hand the survey out at Mass and have the parishioners complete the survey. They can collect the surveys in boxes after mass or in the regular collection basket.
3. Parishes may choose to conduct their own “town hall” style meeting and gather input from the group assembled. In some cases where people are unable to read the survey, this group gathering may be necessary to gather the necessary input.
4. Parishes may assemble a bank of computers and invite parishioners to complete the survey after Mass.
5. Parishes may choose to have their councils (pastoral, finance, stewardship, etc.) complete the survey at their next meeting.
6. Parishes should consider inviting young people to complete the survey on their phones at the next gathering of youth or young adults.
7. Schools should consider having their students complete the survey while attending a computer class
8. Be creative and have fun!
NOTE: In all cases, it is advisable that the data be entered electronically into the electronicsurvey tool. All data will need to be electronic to sort and study the results. Parishes are encouraged to help input the data into the electronic survey or send the paper surveys directly to the diocese for input.
You may contact the Pastoral Planning Core Team at email@example.com or at the Pastoral Center mailing address.
In order for us to create an effective pastoral plan for our diocese, we need input from the people who will be affected by this plan. Specifically, we want to know:
- what is important to you at the local church level (at the parishes and in the surrounding communities)
- what the focus of ministries of the diocese should be in the coming years
- how we can help you in your journey of faith
It’s vitally important that as many people as possible take this survey so that we can get the full picture of where our diocese is at and where we are going. With that in mind, we want to hear from everyone: people who go to Mass regularly, people who don’t go to Mass at all, and everyone in between.
There are two methods to complete this survey: and online survey and a paper copy. Below are the instructions on how you can complete this survey and how you can help us get this survey in to the hand of others (as well as how to get it back to us).
So that there is enough time to analyze the results of this survey, please complete it by Sunday, April 27.
|English Survey||2 pages|
|Spanish Survey||2 pages|
|Online Survey Tools||Word||Contains links & QR codes|