White Mass 2017
The 16th annual White Mass will be celebrated on Feb. 9 at 6 p.m. at St. Theresa Catholic Church
in Austin. This Mass is in anticipation of the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes and the World
Day of the Sick. Bishop Joe Vásquez will be the main celebrant of the Mass, which will include the
Rite of Anointing of the Sick.
The sacrament of the anointing of the sick will be administered for those who are seriously ill.
Persons who would receive the sacrament include
- those whose health is seriously impaired by physical or mental illness or old age;
- those preparing for surgery, if the surgery is caused by serious illness;
- elderly people who have become notably weakened, even though no serious illness is present;
- seriously ill children who have sufficient use of reason to be strengthened by the sacrament;
- and those who have been anointed if they relapse after recovery or if their condition becomes
Those who would like to be anointed are encouraged to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
prior to the White Mass. Catholic Healthcare Guild members will be present to assist those
scheduled to receive the anointing of the sick and their family members when they arrive for the Mass.
A reception will immediately follow the White Mass on the St. Theresa Campus.
In order to better prepare, all those wishing to attend the Mass are asked to register by
clicking "RSVP" below.
If you wish to receive the anointing of the sick please click "Anointing".